Friday, October 24, 2008

tagged again!

After I got tagged twice to do the exact same post (thanks Heather & Tracy!), I figured I should get on it so here it is.

8 SHOWS I LOVE TO WATCH

1. Chuck (funny, suspenseful AND endearing...how do they do it?)
2. Pushing Daisies (death, synchronized swimming & pie? yeah, best-written plot lines. ever.)
3. Ugly Betty
4. The Office
5. Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles
6. How I Met...wait for it...Your Mother
7. Gilmore Girls (first show I ever watched EVERY episode of EVERY season)
8. MacGuyver (just because it's old school doesn't mean I wouldn't love to watch every episode again & again)

(this is a song from our favorite show "Chuck" that my sweet husband surprised me with by putting it on his computer and dancing with me while we listened...it is also one of John's favorite songs and when he hears the intro. he'll stop whatever he's doing and excitedly say "I know this song!" and then start dancing. the music video isn't my favorite, so I'd recommend just closing your eyes and listening.)



8 FAVORITE RESTAURANTS

1. Suzi's (outdoor dive with the best satay in town)
2. Ali Babbas (Iranian joint at the bottom of our street, usually eat outside there too)
3. Bombay Spice (BEST Indian place...in the food court of a mall, of all places)
4. Cafe Rio (how I miss pork burritos)
5. Nagasari Curry House (or any place with banana leaf curry...7 or 8 dishes served on a large banana leaf and you eat it all- including rice- with your hands. awesome.)
6. Ruth's Diner (up Emigration Canyon in Salt Lake...breakfasts to DIE for)
7. Shokudo (i think that's what it's called...dim sum place in Raffles City Mall in Singapore...we keep ordering more & more & can never seem to get enough)
8. Koryo-won (Korean place in KLCC mall, we go there for dates...you haven't lived until you've had Bibimbap. picture below.)

(photo stolen from here...the bowl it's served in is actually a stone bowl that is so hot you can mix in the egg on top and it continues cooking. drooling just thinking about it.) ok, sorry, keep getting side-tracked...on with the tag...

8 THINGS THAT HAPPENED YESTERDAY

1. Taught Institute really on the fly and it actually turned out well.
2. Drove to a new mall FAR away and found it after only checking the map once. SO proud of myself.
3. Bought moving boxes to start packing for the move into the new house!!!
4. John decided instead of taking a nap he'd play in his room for 2 hours.
5. Finally got to watch the latest "Pushing Daisies" episode. Michael knows how much I love it so he watched with me.
6. Had an awesome inspiration for my writing group that I will be posting soon.
7. Emily stood up on her own for a full 15 seconds.
8. I had a perfect stranger give me change for parking, even went back to his car to get enough for me. There actually ARE Good Samaritans in this world.

8 THINGS I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO

1. MOVING!!!!!!!!!
2. A BIG KITCHEN!!! WITH AN ISLAND!!!
3. No more big-city traffic!
4. CHRISTMAS!!!!!
5. Possibly at the beach!
6. Counter space in my bathroom!!!
7. Emily learning to walk!!
8. A yard for John to run around!!!
9. I'm going to stop using exclamation points now!

8 THINGS ON MY WISH LIST

1. Some sort of writing job.
2. New music to spice up my library.
3. Mad home decorating skillz.
4. Access to more books! (and time to read them)
5. A guitar. With lessons.
6. To go see Twilight with my mom next year.
7. A book club to join (hmmm...may have to start one)
8. The complete Disney Music Collection

Wow, that post took me 2 weeks from the first time I was tagged, but it was sort of fun finding pictures and stuff to go along with some of the answers. I'd kinda' like to hear of anyone else's wish list, maybe a community blog-entry day of "100 Things To Do Before I Die" or something. Who's with me?

2 comments:

  1. Did you know that Pushing Daisies might be going off the air :( We really are friends...I love every show on that list...and Chuck and Pushing Daisies are for sure my top two! Love Terminator:SCC!

    What song is that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd join your book club, Erin--could we make it long distance? By the way--can't wait to hear your inspiration on the writing blog. I've got an idea for October's post, but haven't had time to work on it yet. It may have to come after Halloween.

    ReplyDelete

readers