Thursday, October 09, 2008

a few of my favorite things

Some of my favorite things that happened in the last 24 hours:

-John & Emily sitting together underneath the kitchen table. John is reading to Emily. Suddenly he shrieks little a girl, "AH! Emily leaked on me!" as he frantically tries to wipe her drool off his leg.

-John showing Emily his "letters" website and playing the song for the letter T over & over because, and I quote, "Emmy like that." (Also, when he is speaking sternly to her, he pronounces her name "Emil-YE" and it is adorable.)

-Instead of screaming like a banshee at Institute, as is usually the case, John just wanted to cuddle in my lap.

-I got a new phone with a touch screen. With the exception of my laptop, I've never owned anything so technologically advanced before. Welcome to the 21st century to me.

-A five year old taught me how to count to 10 in Bahasa, but I already forgot.

-Eating authentic Thai Mango w/ Sticky Rice from a tiny Thai woman at a tiny Thai stand at a mall. How I love those Thai people and their mango rice. Will be going there again. Often. (ps- mom, she had a special peeler for her mango and used a machete to neatly and quickly cut it into chunks for me. i'm going to learn how to do this and we will all eat mangoes for the rest of our lives.)

1 comment:

  1. So where is this mall?!! I already have a cool pineaple peeler. A mango peeler would be a welcome addition to my ethnic kitchen!

    BTW - you've been tagged. Check my blog for details!

    ReplyDelete

readers