Monday, September 08, 2008

just desserts

OK, I've officially lived in Malaysia long enough to be acclimated and not so much like a fish out of water. I took John to one of our favorite bakeries and grabbed what I thought were three mini sugar donuts, only to get one home and take a giant bite into what is pictured below. Red bean paste is a common ingredient used in desserts--from ice cream to cakes to pastries. Actually this weekend is the Chinese Mooncake festival and for Relief Society Enrichment we're learning how to make mooncake with red bean & lotus paste (I'll try to post pics and instruction on that later). Anyway, the point is, when I took this bite and discovered my error, instead of depositing my mouthful in the nearest trash recepticle as I would have a year ago, I actually finished chewing, swallowed and then ate the rest of the entire red bean donut! That's right, and I believe the words 'hmm, that's pretty good' even crossed my mind at one time. I must admit that I'm pretty darn proud of myself.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

readers