Sunday, May 11, 2008

to the mom lady


my beautiful girl


what am i going to do with these kids?


big man on campus


I wanted to take a few moments to express my appreciation to my own fabulous mother and embarrass her with obscene amounts of gushing about how perfect she is. Ha-ha, kidding mom. But seeing as how it is Mother's Day and I don't get to give her a big hug to thank her for all she's done for me over the years, I thought I'd send out a big virtual hug from me & Michael & her grandgoobers (I mean kids). Seeing as how I'm that much closer to the big 3-0 you'd think I wouldn't be as much in need of my mother's guidance and counsel, but you would be dead wrong. Just this weekend I turned to her in pitiful need, aching for some girl talk and for someone to tell me everything would be all right. Who better to turn to than my mother? And, of course, not only did I come away feeling refreshed (because she did, in fact, let me feel that everything would be all right) but also motivated to be a better person because that's what she does...inspires me to be better because she is better. Funnily enough she also told me to stop being so prideful and basically to get over myself, but it is a major tribute to her sensitivity and love that she was able to word it in such a way it wasn't until quite a while after our conversation that I realized she had done so. And she really only has the ability to do that because I know she has been there before, she has found herself desperate or lacking faith or strength or desire or endurance and yet she has pulled through it (although she will be the first to tell you that it is with the help of the Savior and not her own abilities that she has done this) and so I know her counsel is tried & true. That's why I love my mom. Not because she's perfect, but because she's not perfect, but she's trying to be. And she's willing to let me watch her and walk carefully in her footsteps to see if I can be just as awesome as she is someday.
I love you, mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

readers