Wednesday, June 03, 2009

slanted reporting

Upon seeing the giant purple bruise above John's right eye (it looks like he's wearing 80's eyeliner...I keep expecting him to turn around and be wearing apple red lipstick with it) one might ask the question: What happened to John's eye?

Mom's Answer: I was pulling the sheets off the bed and he was playing and stuck his head right next to my body at the exact moment I was yanking a tucked-in sheet out from under the mattress and my elbow went right into the side of his face.

John's Answer: Mommy punched me in the eye.

Like my parent's always said to our teachers growing up: We won't believe half of what they say about you if you won't believe half of what they say about us.

1 comment:

  1. Ahh, motherhood. It's only fair we get to leave some of the bruises on them. Right? LOL

    Marcus thought he had broke his arm when I closed the bathroom door on him. He told the doctors so. Needless to say, we had to tell our story a few times at the hospital!

    ReplyDelete

readers