Thursday, February 26, 2009

Yes, we did have a one-year THREE year old birthday party (two kids, i mean who can keep track of all the birthdays?) but I'm way behind and those pictures are still on my camera so you can see the ones that I've actually loaded onto the computer.

This video was taken a few weeks ago so by now Emily is a much more proficient walker and usually chooses to walk instead of crawl. But it is adorable anyway so I thought you'd get a kick out of it, those not around to see her learning to walk. By the way, the high, piercing shriek you hear is not an exotic bird outside...that is the sound my daughter makes ALL. THE. TIME. It only becomes increasingly excited or agitated, depending on her mood, which only means that it gets louder and more pronounced. If this girl isn't a singer when she grows up I will eat my own foot.


There is a park just around the corner from our house and we'll go on walks with a detour via the park. It is tiny but perfect for our tiny kids, as long as we aren't covered in mosquito bites when we get home.

John bored with the swings and inspecting a huge seed instead.



Standing on a "relaxation path" that is covered with stones. He doesn't like walking ON it...just INSIDE it.



Emily refuses to even stand up on it. And I don't blame her. Take a closer look...



...I tried walking barefoot on this and had bruises on my feet for 2 days.



But daddy is willing to sacrifice his backside to pose for a family picture. (Minus mommy as the photographer.)

1 comment:

  1. John and Emily are HUGE! I can't believe it! Hooray for Emily walking!

    ReplyDelete

readers