Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mothers with heavy hearts

I am going to go out on a limb here and assume something for all parents.  It's a big assumption but I bet I'm pretty close.  I'm going to assume that, regardless of individual fears as we grow up (being afraid of the dark or afraid of bears or afraid of rejection), once someone becomes a parent there is ONE single, simple fear that shoots to the top of the list--losing a child.  I can't imagine a more terrifying thought to myself and for some reason that thought occurred to me tonight at the end of a wonderful, happy, satisfying Mothers Day.  I wanted to send out a tribute to all mothers (fathers too, actually) who have lost a child and who are most likely reminded of that event on this particular day.  I can't even begin to imagine how difficult something like that must be, how heart-breaking it must feel at times, I can only offer my heart in sympathy and my hope that you can see them again someday.  So, on what for some will be a bittersweet day, I wish a happy mother's day to those who've loved and lost.  Our thoughts are with you.

3 comments:

  1. What a sweet post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Erin. This post means a lot to me. =) I was telling Portia and Bianca the other day that when I lost Miranda, I lost all her children and so on as well. It's a huge loss. Mother's Day is another hard day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this post as well. I hate Mother's Day. I usually try and avoid it and go to another ward where I will not be surrounded by people that I know. It just brings to mind all the reasons why I don't have a little one in my life.

    ReplyDelete

readers