- My two-year old sitting on the stand with me at church so I could lead the music...I asked if she wanted to sit on the floor (she was having a hard time with the self-collapsing chair) at which she protested, "But then I won't be able to see all the people!"
- Leaving my almost-ready-for-bed kids in their room while I went to hunt for the bedtime book (we're starting 'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory'). Upon my return I find them huddled on one bed in a tight embrace, grinning up at me: "We're giving hugs!"
- Going to John's first soccer game. It deserves its own blog post. It was...hilarious. Like parasites attacking an organism. And each other. But it was also pretty sweet. John scored the most goals out of anyone on either team. And we found out later he was horribly sick. Way to suck it up and play anyway, buddy!
- My big boy started school today!!! Literally--the biggest boy in the house. Not my son. I'm so proud of you honey and I hope your first day rocks. I'll see ya in 2 years.
- Had a brilliant idea of a store I want to start. Think baking. Never thought of running a store before but it suddenly sounds fantastic. And exciting. And most likely will just be a pipe dream, but it's always nice to have something to fantasize about.
- Just found out I've lost almost all of my baby weight. Which is weird cause I still don't fit in a lot of the pre-baby clothes, but hey, small victories.
- Little Dew now has 2 teeth! Is it just me or does each child subsequently grow faster and faster than the previous ones? My first baby was a baby forever. Now, I have a seven month old who, I swear, was just born a few days ago. Why has time suddenly done a sprint for the finish line?
- I cut my hair. I like it.
- My marvelous husband surprised me with flowers for the first time in...a long time. Beautiful roses, no less! I've moved them to various parts of the house to make each room smell divine. They have opened so beautifully today and they make me smile wistfully each time I see them. Thank you, sweetheart!
- My kids! Although sometimes I wanna strangle them, they also get the biggest kick out of tiny things and it makes life brighter and sweeter.
- I made up a treasure hunt at the last minute for an activity tonight that included hugging, running, silly dancing, saying nice things and cupcakes. It was a happy way to end a somewhat stressful, grumpy evening.
- Held a Sunday school class on the topic of Job and it turned out better than I could have planned. People can really surprise you when they decide to open up. I also realized that I could do a lot better in the "being grateful for things" arena...whether they are good things or not. Job was pretty awesome.
- I'm pretty awesome. Sometimes that just feels good to say. Try saying it (and really mean it!) without smiling, I dare you.
- Just writing about stuff that has happened recently makes me remember more and become more grateful for all my blessings.
Monday, August 23, 2010
Some Favorite Things From the Last Few Days
In no particular order...