Monday, May 18, 2009

News & news

I just have to state how much I love reading The Asia Times online. It makes me grateful that I have access to a journal that makes me feel intelligent rather than speaking down to me like I'm in 5th grade. (No offense to 5th graders, but you'll feel the same way when you're 30 years old.) At the same time I happen to agree profoundly with everything this particular journalist has to say in his article. I'm afraid I feel rather strongly about the Obama administration and some things they appear to be doing to our country, and I find myself slightly afraid for the future stability of the USofA. But I'm glad to know other people feel the same way.

THE TIMES

In other, unrelated news, I now have a genius one year old who is starting to repeat every word we say and has now added to her repertoire the following:

cracker
cake
cookie
(notice how the first are all foods? yeah, that's my girl.)
baby
grandma (sounds like "bama")
grandpa (sounds like "bapa"
stroller (sounds like "RORO!" this one is always shouted.)
juice
walk
poo
owie
cup
down
shoe
this
that
outside
blanket
apple
book
nite-nite

Stay tuned for more exciting toddler developments.

2 comments:

  1. I love it! I can hear her saying Grandpa quite often when I'm talking to my Mom. Can't wait to see you guys in the summer. I have a confirmed ticket so I will be seeing you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I think we're cousins. Have you received any comments from Shelley, Id? I would love to communicate, but not sure how.If you receive this please let me know. Our e-mail is weistfam5@aim.com.

    ReplyDelete

readers